Sony (previously known as Sony Ericsson) Just launched its new Xperia Series Premium Smartphone Called “Sony Xperia XZ Premium” at the Mobile World Congress 2017. It’s from the Xperia Premium X Series. The best part about this is the specs it provides and how much better it is than its predecessor.
The Sony Xperia XZ Premium has an impressive 5.5-inch 4K HDR display – amazingly bright and sharp, as you can expect from Sony. This device’s display has TRILUMINOS Display for mobile technology as well as X-Reality for mobile picture engine technology – and Dynamic Contrast Enhancement. Need all of those to make it a top-notch Smartphone display when it comes to Sony.
The Xperia XZ Premium has what Sony describes as a “glass loop” surface, which means the glass continues all the way around the device, with metal caps on only the top and bottom.
The glass is Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which can supposedly survive 1.6-meter, shoulder-height drops onto hard, rough surfaces up to 80% of the time. At 7.9mm thick, it is marginally thinner than its smaller sibling, the Xperia XZ, which launched in September last year.
All of the buttons are down one side of the device, and there is a fingerprint sensor built into the power button, allowing you to unlock it easily with one touch of your thumb.
The back of the phone is mirrored, which is handy if you want to check your make-up but does mean it picks up fingerprints very easily.
Sony Xperia XZ Premium is equipped with Super slow motion and Predictive Capture, the new Motion Eye™ camera lets you experience more than the human eye can see. The rear camera is 19MP with 19% pixel density to let you capture more Sharp and in-depth images under low-light and backlit conditions.
It has a recording frame rate of 960 frames per second that is pretty amazing and for this high-end device, it’s a plus. it means you can record videos in slow motion and then play it 4 times slower than real time and our usual smartphone camera. This feature is competitive with the iPhone.
It comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Processor which in itself is a beast, with a 4GB Ram for super fast speed. This premium device comes with 64 gigs of internal memory and a memory card slot for micro SD card – memory expandable up to 256 GB.
Multiple Reviews from users shows that the mobile design is not what Sony was working on actually it was the functionality and the performance but they did an excellent job on their typical Sony Smartphone design which was and now they are appreciated by the users.
The XZ is not only great in design but it also has some good Specs for power users. Have a look on its features and specs included with the Xperia XZ Premium below.
Sony Xperia XZ Premium Specifications are:
- Display: 5.5-inch 4K HDR
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB internal, micro-SD potential 256GB extra
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Camera (back): 19MP 1/2.3” Exmor RS for the mobile image sensor, 960fps slo-mo video, predictive capture, anti-distortion shutter, “triple image sensing technology”, Predictive Hybrid Autofocus, SteadyShot with Intelligent Active Mode (with 5-axis stabilization), 4K video recording
- Camera (front): 13MP 1/3.06” Exmor RS for the mobile image sensor, 22mm wide-angle lens, ISO-6400, F2.0
- Sound Capabilities: High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD) DSEE HX. LDAC. Digital Noise Cancelling. Clear Audio+. S-Force Front Surround. Stereo Recording.
- Battery: 3230mAh, Qualcomm quick-change 3.0
- Availability: Spring 2017
- Price: Pricing not yet revealed
Overall the device performance and build quality are better, then It’s predecessor in many ways. As Sony is always one step ahead in innovation like they added the first ever 4K HDR Display in a Smartphone.
This device is best for a person who likes his phone for Fulltime/Power Usage, Gaming and Videography.